Welcome FUSION readers!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Savings

I finished up my last shopping trip of 2010 and sat down to do the math. I kept track of my totals with this spreadsheet from Couponing 101.

In the end, my totals looked like this.

Total Spent: $2587
Total Saved: $6582
Percentage: 71%
Weekly Average: $49.74

My budget last year was $60 per week. I set a goal to reduce my weekly spending to $50 and I did it!!! If you include that extra $10 per week in my savings then it is safe to say that I saved my family over $7000 this year. Whoo Hoo!! I still say that couponing is the best part-time job I've ever had. :)

A further breakdown shows how much I saved at each store:

Publix: $2035
Walgreens: $1628
Kroger: $1569
CVS: $685

I tracked these totals with my own spreadsheet. I also had savings from Food Lion not reported. Since my store closed half-way through the year the number would have been really skewed in comparison.

Overall, I am again thrilled with my totals and especially my savings! I love looking back at the end of a year and tracking my spending trends. I was really surprised to see that I had more savings at Walgreens than Kroger. I, however, was not surprised to see Publix at the top. :)

How did you do this year?
Print

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Emily said...

Great job Staci!!!! I'm not suprised at all that Publix was at the top for you! Did you notice that none of the extreme couponers tonight shopped at Publix?! Haha it was all Kroger! Great job on the savings!

J Rodney said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations! I am definitely going to keep closer track in 2010, but I average $65 per week for a family of five.

I would like to invite you to share your weekly savings at the Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free.

Happy New Year!

The Proverbs Wife said...

You did an awesome job. I stopped tracking my savings because it began to get to time consuming in addition to the whole process of couponing. I now use my grocery balance to tell me how I'm doing. I set aside $600 each month for groceries. What is not spent rolls over to the next month. At the end of 2010 we had right at about $1400 left over in our grocery account. So I'd say we did pretty good for the year.