Welcome FUSION readers!

Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm back! {AKA: Mission Statement}

I've had a lot of time to think this summer. A moment to think is rare for me. It usually only happens late at night when I'm trying to sleep (but can't) or in the shower. Don't judge. I've come up with a lot of good ideas in the shower. :)

I've thought a lot about blogging, and my family, and being frugal, and couponing, and keeping up with the Joneses, and priorities, and my readers, and deal finding. Whew! I enjoyed my little break and I had a great summer with my family and I was also available to serve in times of need (updates at the bottom). In the end, I missed blogging and I missed interacting with you folks. I missed helping people get their start and find their way in couponing. I missed encouraging folks to keep at it. I missed hearing your success stories. And that's when it clicked.

I started blogging to show people how to do what I do, how to find deals, and how to save money. I want to focus on that part. The deals may change from week to week, but the way you work the deals is the same. Before, I was exhausting myself with trying to blog about every single deal. I want to stick to the basics and show you my tried and true methods. That's exactly what I plan to do from here on out.

Yes, I still plan to highlight really great deals, but I'm going to focus on giving you some Frugal 101 in between. You need to know how to find and work the deals on your own. You need to know how to stick with it and maintain your savings in the long term. There will be tips and tricks that will work whether you are right here in Nashville, TN or over on the West coast. However, I think it's really neat to trade info with the locals (like where Publix is hiding that new booklet, ect.).

I may not blog every day. I may post 4 times a day. Who knows? If my family needs me, I plan to be available for them. If a situation comes up that needs my help, I plan to serve. My readers have always been great about chiming in to help out a newbie and I love that sense of community. We are all in this money-saving adventure together.

Of course, even with blogging, there are bills to be paid so you may see advertisements, affiliate offers and reviews (see new disclosure policy), but I would never share something with you that I'm not already doing myself or see frugal value in. There will also be giveaways here and there too, starting with one this week!

While all of the above isn't a "formal" Mission Statement it gives you the jist of what you can expect from me at Coupon Queen Diaries.

I'm thrilled that you are here. Let's crack the ole coupon queen diary. I'm gonna start spilling the secrets and juicy details that will save you money.

Don't miss out on a single entry. Make sure you are subscribed to my RSS Feed or receiving the daily email updates.
Print

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: