Welcome FUSION readers!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Savings

I know that some of you out there are wondering if coupons can really save that much in the long-run. Oh, yes they can!! This year I tracked my savings for the stores I shop the most. My goal for 2009 was to save $5000. Below is a recap of my 2009 savings.

I saved.....
@ Kroger: $2423
@ Publix: $763
@ Food Lion: $182
@ Walgreens: $1639
@ CVS: $1221

GRAND TOTAL: $6325

I didn't start shopping at Publix until June so I am anxious to see how these numbers change next year. As for this year, I was delighted when I realized I had met my $5,000 goal almost 2 months early. In the end, I saved my family over $6,000 this year. If you also consider that we reduced our weekly grocery/household budget from $125-$150 to a mere $60 a week, it is feasible to say that I saved more than $10,000 this year!! How? By utilizing coupons, matchups and stockpiling! These are the 3 main concepts that I teach in my Grocery Savings Workshop. YES, you can do it too!

I am thrilled with how my 2009 savings added up! How about you? Do you track your savings? Did coupons make a difference for you this year? What are your goals for 2010? Comment below on any of these questions or more.
Print

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: