Welcome FUSION readers!

Monday, December 7, 2009

December LP Project - Hope Clinic for Women



Logo

The December LP Project at The Donelson Fellowship will benefit Hope Clinic for Women in Nashville, TN. Mainly, they are asking of donations of diapers and wipes but there is a huge list of other items they are in need of. I was so excited when I saw that several toiletries were on the list. I can get these items for free or close to it on a regular basis at CVS and Walgreens. I didn't have to go far to round up a bag full of items to donate. I just pranced right upstairs to my stockpile (scroll down for photo)! I want to encourage you to be on the lookout for great deals this week on things that can be given towards our December LP Project. You can drop them off at TDF or contact me and I will figure out a way to pick up your donation.

Household items:
  • Tissues
  • Trash bags (all sizes)
  • Light bulbs
  • Batteries
  • Liquid antibacterial hand soap
  • Dishwashing liquid
  • Dishwasher detergent (pouches work best)
  • H.E. free and clear laundry detergent
  • Toilet paper
  • Paper towels
  • Cleaning supplies (hand soap, Clorox wipes)
  • Small paper cups
  • Dryer sheets
  • Swiffer wet jet
  • Adult toiletries - shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, sanitary pads
Baby items:
  • Diaper creams
  • Baby lotion
  • Baby powder
  • Baby wash/shampoo
  • Baby Tylenol
  • Baby blankets
  • Baby clothes (especially onesies)
  • Baby socks
Gift Cards:
  • Gas cards for transporting clients (Walmart, Shell, Exxon, etc.)
  • Shopping for food/clothing: Wal-Mart, Target, Sam's Club, and Kroger.
  • Shopping for home repair/items: Lowe's, Home Depot
  • Cards to cover utilities: Visa, Mastercard or American Express (they can redeem them for the $250/month utility bills they incur)
Home items:
  • Bath towels (need new sets)
  • Appropriate DVDs (some religious), CDs and games
Computer/office items:
  • pens and pencils
  • resume paper/envelopes
  • Computer
  • Computer paper
  • Printer ink
Here's a picture of my donation. Some days it still blows my mind that we are spending less but have more than ever. So much more, that I am able to give freely to those in need. That, my friends, is a wonderful feeling. I am truly blessed!!


Print

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: