Angel Food is a program where you can receive $60-$75 in groceries for around $30 with their signature box. They operate nationwide and you can find a pick up location near you. Angel Food is delivered once a month and they offer a variety of options for all budgets and taste buds. The menu changes each month to offer you a variety of foods but the cost is always the same. Best of all, there are no income or participation requirements. You can order every month, every other month or just on occasion. Typically the host sites are local churches but you do not need to be a member to benefit from this great deal. Angel Food is open to ANYONE! Here's a look inside the monthly menus.
- Small Box ($21) - Includes approximately 3-4 meals.
- Signature Box ($31) - Feeds a family of four for a week. Always includes 1 dozen eggs, a dessert item, shelf stable milk + a variety of meats, produce and more!
- Superior Value Box ($41) - This box is a bit larger than the Signature Box. It could feed a larger family for a week or last a few extra days for a family of 4.
- Convenience Meals ($28) - Includes 10 nutritionally balanced meals that you simply heat & serve + desserts. This is great for seniors or for taking lunches to work.
- Allergen-Free Box ($23) - This is 5 lbs. of breaded meats which do not include peanuts, soy, milk, eggs, fish, tree nuts or gluten.
- After School Box ($24) - Assortment of child friendly foods & snacks.
- Fruit & Veggie Box ($23) - A HUGE assortment of in-season fresh produce.
- Meat Specials - These change from month to month. Usually 3 or more are offered and include a variety of beef, chicken, seafood & pork combinations.
As you can see, there is quite a bit to choose from. I encourage you to hop on over and view this month's menu for yourself. They even have a full-color picture menu and that makes it a lot easier for me to see what I'm getting.
Have you used Angel Food recently? What was your experience?