So far in our Frugal 101 series, we've talked about ways to save money without coupons. If you use coupons in conjunction with those shopping strategies it just sweetens the deal(s).
In honor of National Coupon Month, we are going to move forward and talk about the different types of coupons, where to find them, and how to use them for maximum savings.
This week we are going to talk about
- Newspaper Inserts
- Printable Coupons
- Store vs. Manufactuer Coupons
- Home Mailers
- and more!
Here are some interesting statistics on coupons. For more fun facts visit I Love Coupon Month.
- The first coupon was for Coca-Cola in 1886.
- There were 311 billion coupons distributed in 2009.
- Last year, consumers redeemed 3.2 billion coupons for a savings of $3.5 billion.
- Coupons are used on a regular bais by 77% of shoppers.
- National coupon month started in 1998.
If you are just joining us, please be sure to review previous topics in this Frugal 101 series.