Welcome FUSION readers!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Frugal 101: Coupon Matchups


Coupons can save money no matter how or when you use them. However, it is ideal to use them when an item is already on sale. Basically there are 3 different price points for any given item.

Full Price >>>>>>>>> Sale Price >>>>>>>>>> Sale w/Coupon(s)

Naturally, I want to pay as little as possible for my groceries so the trick is doing coupon matchups. Doing coupon matchups is super easy, especially when you utilize a coupon database.
  1. You start by looking through the weekly ad. All of these items are on sale so you are already off to a great start.
  2. Circle the items you would like to purchase.
  3. Type them into a Coupon Database to see if there is a coupon available for that product.
  4. Now all you have to do is clip, click or print that coupon and you are on your way to more savings and deep discounts!
There are also websites out there that will do the weekly matchups for you. Check back tomorrow and I will give you my favorite websites for coupon matchups.

In the meantime, you might also enjoy this post on how I went from a casual couponer to a professional "coupon queen."

If you are just joining us, go here to catch up on previous Frugal 101 topics. Don't miss future installments: Subscribe via RSS or get Email updates.
Print

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

your favorite vip commenter ;) said...

So ever since I started doing coupon matchups, I get very judgy when I see things marked at full price: "PSHT Toaster Strudels for $2.97, I can get those for 50 CENTS! Grands biscuits for $1.95, HAHAHAHA yeah right, I get those bad boys for FREE!" etc etc. haha. I'm easily amused. ;)

(Now excuse me while Robert and I go eat our dinner of chicken, veggies, and rice that cost $2.50 total.) ;)